We are St Paul, Virginia
- We are a place of extraordinary natural beauty, where the pristine Clinch River serves as the lifeblood of our community. St Paul was founded along the banks of the Clinch in the center of a region filled with natural treasures, from our southern rolling hills, to the mountain peaks and coalfields of our north. Our history has moved with the gentle flow of the River, and our future is defined by the environmental riches the River continues to provide for us.
- We are a humble community that values our unique history. Our historic downtown reminds us of the early twentieth century booms, but our past goes much deeper. The earliest settlers came in the late 1700s, including French immigrants of noble blood escaping royal oppression, and they found sanctuary here. The moving nature of the Clinch fueled the vision of twin cities on its banks. While “Minneapolis” never developed, the community of St Paul grew and prospered. We were the gateway to the frontier, and the stories of our Western Front are legendary, where saloons gave rise to debauchery, fights, and even murder. The mischief of those early days are long gone, but the dynamic nature and pioneer spirit of our people remains.
- We are the stewards of this glorious River, and the rich ecosystem that it feeds. As the ecological epicenter of Southwest Virginia, it is our charge to not just preserve what we have, but help it thrive. And we are doing that today, from the shores of Blue Bell Island, to the trails of Sugar Hill, from Oxbow Lake to Estonoa, which was once a virtual wasteland, but now serves not only a testament to our community’s resolve, but also the foundation of our future. The project is a national model, moving environmental education forward, and has become a part of our children’s lives, as well as a source of pride for our community.
- We are St. Paul, and we are excited about our future. Our friends and neighbors are moving forward. We have a vision for our future, and are investing our blood, sweat, and tears in realizing that vision. And signs of success surround us, from the restored Hillman House to the Shelter at Market Square. We are the ecological hub of the region, and are set to become the economic hub as well, cultivating an entrepreneurial environment, and engaging persistent and passionate people that are known for getting things done, no matter what.
- We invite you to come and visit us. Be our guest. Paddle our waters, and hike our trails. Soak in the nature that abounds and experience all the opportunities that make the Clinch River Valley the place where America Goes Outdoors.
- St. Paul, Virginia, A Moving River Experience.
What's happening in St. Paul?
There's always something happening in St. Paul, from the Farmers' Market, to festivals and antique/classic car shows, parades and music venues. St. Paul is a treasure, not only to its residents but to hikers, bikers, boaters and more. Our leaders and citizens are working together to grow our hometown into a recognized eco-epicenter, both economically and ecologically, demonstrating the two "e's" can co-exist and flourish, while maintaining our unique small town character and heritage. Through partnerships with regional and state entities, as well as our own ingenuity and hard work, we are doing just that.
Latest News, Current & Upcoming Events
POSITION: ST. PAUL MAIN STREET DIRECTOR
St. Paul Tomorrow, Inc. is currently accepting applications for the position of a Main Street Director. The Director will be responsible for all activities related to the main Street program. Applicants should have education and/or professional experience in one or more of the following area; grant writing, historic preservation, planning, economic development, retailing, marketing, design, volunteer management, nonprofit management and small business development. The Director must be entrepreneurial, energetic, imaginative, well organized and capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment. Excellent verbal and written skills are essential. This position is part-time contract only (no benefits). Submit resume, letter of interest, and three references by June 21, 2013 to St. Paul Main Street, Attention: Selection Committee, P.O. Box 1019, St. Paul, VA 24283.
ST PAUL HIGH SCHOOL - ALL YEARS REUNION
Mark your calendars and dust off your dancin' shoes!
July 4, 5 and 6, 2013
Download and complete your registration form today!!!
REGISTRATION & PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
PO Box 66
16531 Russell Street
St. Paul, Virginia 24283
H. Kyle Fletcher
for emergencies only
(M-F 8:00 am - 4:30 pm)
(evenings, weekends, holidays)
Virginia Governor McDonnell designates St. Paul
"Virginia Main Street Town"
To report problems with the site or broken links, contact St. Paul's web administrator
ATTENTION BUSINESS OWNERS:
Check our Commerce and Services Directory. To list or update your information, contact the St. Paul Town Hall or complete the request form online. Don't miss out on business by not being listed!